After many signs of pregnancy and a super late period, I couldn't deny it any longer and bought the cheapest test I could find at Harmon's. The answer was pretty clear right away. Baby in the cooker. I took a pic of the test and made a little Valentine's Day card out of it to send to Ryan who is away on business until Thursday night. It's exciting and terrifying all at once. I've been trying to get the house organized, but now there is a whole new urgency about it. Emotions are up and down and hard to muster up the physical, mental, and emotional energy to do the work that is ahead of me!
When I told Cai I was pregnant, he was in denial. He kept saying "No, there's not a baby in there. You're just eating too much food!" He finally accepted it and said he would try to be better at taking care of himself and obeying quickly, but he didn't seem super happy at the prospect of being a big brother. Dezi, on the the other hand, when Cai told him and I confirmed that I was indeed "growing a baby", he was so excited. He was so tender with me, touching my belly with his hand and head. He even asked if he could have extra chores to help. He hopes it will be a sister, but will be happy either way. I can't stress enough how much it meant to me and touched my heart to have him be so sweet and understanding. He will be a fantastic helper and big brother. I think Cai will be too, once he warms up to the idea of not being the "baby" anymore. He actually did say that he would change the baby's diaper if Dezi wiped the bum! They'll both be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is just precious! How cute of Dez. We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to find out what it is going to be!!!!
What exciting news! I am so happy for you! I am expecting too and will find out the gender in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment