Monday, November 29, 2010

First big snow of the season

Well, we returned from our California vacation and Thanksgiving in St George to make it in time for this season's first big storm.  the kids wanted to immediately play outside, but I was still trying to get life back in order and didn't dare brave the weather.  I snapped some photos from inside.

I made up for it later when I pulled the boys all the way to school on their sled.  Every kid that saw us was jealous as could be.  Once we got to the school grounds, I let them sled down the hill a few times before pulling them across the whole field to school.  All the kids were smiling and some of them even cheered.  I have to admit that even faced with the freezing cold, I had fun too!  Hard not to when everyone is smiling and laughing :)

Once Dezi went in the building, I let Cai sled for another huge chunk of time while I chatted with a new friend, Ramona.  She shared quite a few intense things with me (son's death, her accident, her brother, Merlin Olsen's death, etc) and I hope I was able to provide her with a bit of comfort and happiness.  She gave me a hug before continuing her walk and thanked me.  Opportunities for service come in surprising ways and times.



No comments: