Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dezi's First Lost Tooth



 

Dezi finally lost his first tooth. Though it didn't happen the way I'd imagined, he was nevertheless super excited!

Last month, Dezi fell down on the black top at school and face planted. It was pretty brutal. I was immediately worried about the poor tooth that had already been bumped last year. The next day I took him to see Dentist Nate. Everything looked ok, but just like last time, we decided to do a follow-up visit. We went today to fix Dezi's filling and check on his tooth, and to get sealants for Cai.

Cai did an amazing job at being positive and staying super still during the whole thing. I even left him alone with the dental assistant while I went to hold Dezi's hand. That kid is tough! He had shots to get the filling fixed and then the dentist spotted a problem with Dezi's front tooth. On the back side of it, there was a little chip that bled when he touched it. It didn't hurt Dezi because that part of the nerve was dead, but the dentist said it would eventually start to hurt. We decided to just take it out. Dezi was brave again through all the shots...only one little tear snuck out of the corner of his eye. He was pretty happy to have finally "lost" his first tooth. They gave him a little treasure chest to carry it in.

He told all his friends at school while standing in line to go inside. The moment Ryan pulled into the garage, he smiled his big toothless smile to surprise him. Finally, he wrote the tooth fairy an awesome note before going to bed. I love my kids!
Posted by Picasa