Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August Adventures


August started out with my birthday. Somehow we had babysitter issues two weekends in a row. Sadly, those weekends just happened to consist of our wedding anniversary and my birthday. A bit of a disappointment, but we all recovered and went for a nice family walk on my special day. Though we didn't intend to end up wet (as can be seen by the lack of swimming attire or towels), we ended up at Daybreak's new Soda Row with its splash pad. The boys could not resist the temptation of the nice water and went for it. Ryan and I enjoyed watching them and thought about how wonderfully carefree kids are. No swimsuit? No problem!

On the 18th, the boys and I started our day with a carnival at Lifetime Fitness, our gym. They had bounce houses, pony rides, face painting, balloon makers, etc. I thought we'd only stay for an hour, but I know we were there for at least two, if not more! They had so much fun, especially Dezi who finally got to go on the climbing wall now that he is five. I was proud that he got all the way up to ring the bell. He's a good little climber!

Later that night, we took the boys to see South Jordan Community Theater's High School Musical. Dezi was entertained the entire time, but Cai took some work to keep quiet near the end. At intermission, I had to borrow some money from a friend to buy some Skittles, which were doled out one at a time as slowly as possible for the second half. Even though it took some effort to keep him still, they both really liked the play. Afterwards, they went on stage and pretended to sing and dance, "Keep your head in the game!" They were super happy when one of the guys walked out and they got to say hello and give high fives.

No comments: