Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Visit with Santa


We finally got to see Santa today! Dezi actually saw him at the beginning of the month at the South Jordan Towne Center when we went ice skating for the first time (which, by the way, was super fantastic! Dezi loved ice skating!). Since Cai hadn't seen him, we made the effort to come to the mall. We tried yesterday afternoon only to find a 3 hour wait. There was no way that was going to happen so we got up early this morning and arrived 30 minutes before Santa arrived. We were in and out in under an hour. Much better. I brought Finding Nemo for the boys to watch in line and the time flew. Before we knew it, we were in the "Tracking Station" where the boys had a lot of things to explore. The funny thing about the whole experience is that once Cai saw Santa, all he could talk about was "Scary Santa". There was nothing I could do to get him to sit on Santa's lap. He didn't even want to look at him! The only thing he wanted from the long wait was a tiny candy cane. In the end, we were all happy. Cai got his candy cane, Dezi got to talk to Santa (although he told Santa he wanted a remote control rocket, which was the first I'd heard of that...maybe next year!), and I got cute boys in pictures.

No comments: