Well, we got it. In fact, within 24 hours, we had to shovel the driveway three times! So much snow. Despite the cold and hard work of shoveling, I can't deny the beauty, fun, and wonder that comes with a white Christmas. The kids were ecstatic, especially to receive a sled and have soft, fresh powder to try it on immediately. Dezi had gone once with Ryan on a borrowed sled when the first snow came, but this was Cai's first time. I was surprised at how fearless he was. Just like when we went to the giant blow up slide place. All I heard was "Again! Mais!" (In both languages to make sure I had no doubt of what he wanted!). We rode every way possible: the three of us together, the two of them sitting, the two of them on bellies, and individually as well. Dezi was happy to see the "surf sledders" out again (he may live in SLC, but, apparently, he's still a beach kid at heart). Maybe we'll have to get a snowboard for next year. Too much fun. Now, if only I could figure out a way to stay warm...I guess the snow down my pants didn't help the cause...
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment