Friday, July 25, 2008
4th and 24th Fireworks and Genealogy
July 4th came and we had a neighborhood fireworks party courtesy of the Greene's. DeeAnn, Earl and William happened to be there, which was fun. The kids all had a great time with the display. We were sad that Nathan Greene stayed inside because he wasn't feeling well. We discovered the next day that he had had a heart attack! We were all in shock, considering how young and healthy he is. Earl took Nathaniel to the movies with Dezi so Leta could be at the hospital with her hubby. We had a special date planned since it was Ryan's birthday (5th). With many prayers, Nathan was well enough to join us for the neighborhood fireworks on the 24th.
My mom and dad were also there on the 24th. They came for a few reasons. One, so Ryan and I could go to the premier of the Up Beat, a documentary on Ska that I was in. Two, to enable us to go on a nice date for our 5th wedding anniversary (We went swing dancing, which wasn't great. I guess we have a lot more to learn...). Three, so Dad and I could spend A LOT of time at the Family History Library downtown. It was an amazing time as far as information found. We didn't make any progress further back, but we are definitely filling out the tree with aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I am still amazed at how CRAZY the record keeping in Brazil was. People would put one name on one document, and a couple months later, another name on another document. It is a miracle any time we find the smallest bit of info. I don't know how anyone gets anything done with this kind of madness. It is true detective work. Still, I am grateful and ecstatic and the progress that we are slowly making.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment