Today was an adventurous day with Ana and my boys at Zion National Park. We were hoping that we'd be able to drive through the canyon since it was off season, but the tram was already up and running. That meant we were only able to drive through the tunnel. We stopped at an outlook and ate our lunch while watching a family of hawks or falcon flying around. The boys loved that part! Soon enough, we were parking the car and boarding the tram with stroller AND baby backpack to be able to use on different hikes.
We did the Narrows with the stroller and I was exhausted! Small wheels, sand on concrete and hills don't make for a great ride when a pregnant lady is pushing! Dezi and Cai had fun stealing the camera to take a couple of nature shots as we hiked around. The water was cold, as expected, but they still wanted to get in. They had fun playing around while I took a break to nurse Tiago.
We also did Weeping Rock where I carried Mr. T in the backpack up the steep hill. I finally had to ask Ana to take over on the way down before I died. I was really happy that all the boys were pleasant and obedient for the most part, though thirst and hunger did start to creep in with the, "I'm tired" effect. It would've been much easier with a car, but I couldn't manage anything else with baby, stroller, backpack, camera, diaper bag...my goodness, it was a challenge! All worth it though for a fun day in nature.

No comments:
Post a Comment