Friday, January 21, 2011

My little reader

Few things warm a mother's heart more than seeing her budding reader reading to a younger sibling for fun. Dezi and Cai are particularly liking the "Fly Guy" books along with the Elephant and Piggie books. I LOVE when Dezi reads to Cai. At school, he has sped through enough reading levels to be at the end of first grade level and is too bored with the school books. We have started checking out a variety of graphic novels (like Avatar: The Last Air Bender) and easy readers. For now, I want him to be excited to read to Cai rather than "forced" to read to me.

Dezi has also started reading one chapter of the Book of Mormon Stories each day for our morning "Devotional" and I LOVE it! He wants his own "real" Book of Mormon and I promised he could have one once he reads the whole "kid" Book of Mormon first. He is excited to do it and might actually finish it in time to get his own Book of Mormon for Easter!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: