Friday, January 21, 2011
Chores
Our "chores" are going great! I'm really making the effort to include the kids on household duties. It is a lot of extra work for me in some ways, but the payoff will be great as they grow in responsibility and skills. Cai is always in charge of putting silverware away while Dezi unloads the dishes. For things that are too high for him to put away, he stacks them in like piles on the counter so all I have to do it move the stack into the cupboard. Dezi also loves washing dishes by hand like pots and pans that I don't like to put in the dishwasher. They set the table and clear the table. They "fold" their own clothes and put them away. They sort laundry and help me put it in the washer. They wipe down tables and counters and help sweep, mop and vacuum. All in all, they are pretty willing to help at this age so I figure I better take advantage and teach them family responsibilites now, before it looses the allure! They love helping make dinner as well, but they are still a bit young. I will definitely teach them to cook someday. With so many girls losing "domestic" values, for all I know, they might be the ones cooking dinner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I think it is so precious to see kids doing chores! Lucas love to help too :) He helps me put the dishes away and yesterday he put the silverware away all by himself! (in the correct slots and going the right direction too) These boys are just so cute! I wish I could teach Lucas to cook, but I guess I should learn more first...come teach me
Ha. You help me get rid of stuff and I'll help you cook.
Post a Comment