Friday, October 1, 2010
My incredible accident
So, it's true. I'm an idiot. But I'm also incredibly smart and resourceful.
Mistake #1 - I was rushing home
Mistake #2 - I was distracted by kids at the critical turn in moment
I hit the edge of the entrance into the garage and smashed the car while yanking the 2x4 frame away from the wall. Yikes! Ryan was gracious enough to understand that I would beat myself up enough so he didn't even say a word to me for about half an hour. I researched insurance options and decided that we wouldn't even meet our deductible so no point reporting. I started doing google searches and found a youtube clip of some people fixing their Prius front bumper and though I'd give it a try.
I heated up the bumper (and myself!) with a heat dish and two blowdryers. After about half an hour of making the garage an inferno and I popped out the bumper. It was amazing!
The next night, Brad Bohne came to help us out with the garage with his contractor skills. Thank goodness it wasn't as big a deal as Ryan had thought. It was just what I had hoped for. He basically cut the nail stubs so he could pound the 2x4 back into place. The metal frame is a little misshapen, but it was kind of like that when we moved in anyway.
Lesson learned. No more rushing. No more giving in to distractions. Lots of thanks for the blessing of hard work and inspiration to get things fixed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I know. I plead guilty. I am an idiot, as stated at the beginning of the post;)
You don't know me but I saw this post trying to find something on the daybreak blog. I hit my garage more than once in Daybreak and the guy that came to fix it the first time said that with the tight curves and small driveways it is VERY common, he has fixed tons. So you are definitely not alone! (I might be alone being a repeat offender, but still I feel better others have done it too.)
Post a Comment