All the kids played soccer this year, with Ryan coaching Tiago's team and me coaching Anna Isabella's. 4+ soccer games a week is no joke people! Fun to watch, but it made Saturdays quite the whirlwind. They are all excelling at school and we are proud we created a bunch of smarty pants around here, even if getting them to do their homework sometimes feels like pulling teeth.
Ryan continues to succeed at work. It is a great luxury to have him working from home most of the time (when he isn't traveling, that is). On the majority of days, this allows us to eat both breakfast and dinner together as a family. A true blessing!
As for me, like most moms these days, I drive a lot! I sprained my ankle this year had to take a break from dancing and exercising and learned not to take for granted a functioning body ever again! I reacquainted myself with a bit of web design as I started a little side business of selling LipSense as I prepare to open the Brazilian market someday soon. The kids think it's funny that my phone is constantly pinged with web visitors from Brazil, considering I'm about as lowkey as it comes in the "girly" department!
Scroll down for links to a few different web albums of out adventures this year, inclding Hawaii and Brasil.
If you have this link, it means we love you and miss you! Thanks for being a part of our lives. Christ lives and is there for us in our trials and our successes. Let us be the Inn Keepers that let Him in. May we all pause to feel the true Christmas spirit this year.
Love, the Lubbers

Click here to see full gallery of family portraits
We were lucky enough to be able to take the whole family to Hawaii in April. Ryan worked hard last year and surpassed his quota, which meant President's Club in Oahu. We worked the frequent flyer mile system to get all the kids there with us. We worked Ryan's hotel points to stay a couple nights at the Hilton Hawaiian village on Waikiki where we enjoyed the pools, lagoon and beach. We stayed at an AirBnbs in Waimanolo and had a great time walking to the fine white sand beach and playing in the water until the jellies started giving us some stinging surprises. We kayaked Kailua and Lanikai, spent a hot day at the Polynesian Cultural Center and did some other exploring before heading to the fancy Kahala for Ryan's work event. The pool was the best hotel ever and we had dolphins right outside our balcony in their "lagoon" (both happy the kids could see dolphins and sad they weren't in the open ocean). We ended out trip at Pearl Harbor, which was very moving. Want to see any of those adventures and more? Click here for more Hawaii Pix!
This summer, the kids and I spent 9 weeks in Brazil, getting to know extended family, friends, nature, cityscapes, food and culture. I took so many photos that I'm still not finished sorting through them! It was a great time for all of us, though some missed their beds, toys and routine more than others. It was great when Ryan joined us for 2 weeks in the middle and we were all sad to see him go. Want to see more photos like this one?
Click here for photos from Rio's Pão de Açucar.For other pix of Brazil, click here and I'll be adding more links as I get them uploaded if you want to check back.
Familia, pra quem tiver interesso em abaixar algumas fotos, me fale e eu passo a senha pra vocês.

No comments:
Post a Comment