Sunday, April 18, 2010
Daybreak Art Walk
After an intense week of photographing, painting, and mounting in preparation for the Art Walk, I spent all day on Thursday moving the rest of our belongings from our old basement into our new house. It was pretty intense. After setting up the Daybreak to DebreZeit stand in the morning, I rushed back home through the snow to finish my big piece for the Art Show. I won't go into the details, but let's just say that liquid nails is bad and tiny craft hinge replacement screws are awesome. If only I'd know that at the beginning of the day.
I got to the Art Show a little late on Friday and had an enjoyable night. Between Friday and Saturday, Ryan was an awesome dad, allowing me the time and opportunity to participate in my first Art Show as artist and as charity coordinator. I only sold about 10 smaller pieces, but it was a success in my eyes. I passed out business cards (that I ordered on Wednesday) and talked to a lot of people about my art and about Ethiopia. All in all, a good experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Look at you all spiffy and artistic..
I loved catching up on your life! You have had a busy year!
Someday when you get a chance, I'd love to have some of those Vegas pictures!
Post a Comment