Sunday, November 2, 2008

Five minutes of fame in a Ska documentary


Here it is, my movie trailer...the one that will send Hollywood scouts swarming around Daybreak, Utah to find the new starlet that will wow the world. (By the way, if you're not familiar with the way YouTube works, don't bother watching any of the clips that pop up when this one is done...they might be iffy)

Okay, so that's totally not true, but my Dad is pretty convinced it might happen! The truth is that a year ago I was tracked down and interviewed for a documentary about Ska, Utah Ska in particular. The Upbeat documentary premiered back in July in a downtown SLC theater. I was pretty nervous that I would look like an idiot, but was pretty pleased (well, at least not totally embarrassed) with the final product. I only wished I'd gotten the angle of the documentary a little better so I could have provided more and better thoughts and information.

As a follow up, this weekend there was a Stretch and My Man Friday reunion show in conjunction with the DVD release of The Upbeat. Ryan's mom helped us out with the kids so we could go. It was lots of fun to dance and see some old friends and acquaintances. I only wish some of my better friends could have been there (Go Go 13's St George crew, the Soulutions, and anyone I knew in the old "Skaquel Productions" days!). After skankin' it up all night (reference to dance moves that are NOT slutty, to those of you unfamiliar with the term), I was happy to come home with a few copies of the DVD so posterity will always know that I was sort of cool back in the day.

No comments: